Happy New Year! It's been wonderful to hit the ground running with students as we get back into the groove of school this January. I wanted to touch base to share some important dates and changes for the upcoming weeks.
First off, we are going to be starting up a home reading log on Monday. This is to help build in accountability and a habit of nightly reading at home, and also to ensure they are working toward their monthly reading goals. My suggestion to them will be 15 minutes per night for 6 days for a total goal of 1.5 hours per week outside of school. The logs will span for 2 weeks each and will require parent initials to sign off on them. I appreciate your help with this to help build in this accountability and promote reading growth.
Secondly, I wanted to share some important dates that are upcoming, including the term-end deadline which is approaching quicker than we think! Remember, you can always check on your child's assignment progress on our class OneNote Notebook. If you're having trouble accessing it, please check out this post to review how.
Fri Jan 20
- Decimal Number and Decimal Operations Math Quiz
- Thirst Read-Aloud Final Writing Project Due
- Mt. Seymour Snow Tubing Field Trip Forms and Funds Due
- Mt. Seymour Snow Tubing Field Trip
- Walnut Grove Secondary School Grade 7 Transition Day (more info to come!)
- Term 2 Deadline for Submission Student Work