I have a fair few updates to share with you today, so please be sure to read carefully below.
- Last Friday, Division 1 sat a math quiz that covered decimal place value and operations. Your child will be bringing home their quiz to go over with you today. I have requested for it to be signed and returned by Friday.
Students who wish to improve their grade can come in early in the mornings at 8AM on my teaching days (M, T, Th, F) or attend math help sessions on Monday and Tuesdays after school until 3:30. I have offered this throughout the year, and reiterated it multiple times, but unfortunately have had minimal attendance. I am hoping this may spur some students coming in for extra support as they require it.
If your child needs support but is unable to attend these extra help sessions, I would recommend setting up a daily schedule for them to practice at home, and ask for help with specific questions they have during class time.
- Friday, Jan 27 - Mount Seymour Field field trip information
On Friday, we will be taking our first Grade 7 field trip to Mount Seymour to go snow tubing. Here are the need-to-knows:
- We will be departing on the bus from DPE at 8:40am, planning to depart the mountain at 12:30-45pm. School pickup will be at the normal 2:20pm.
- Please be advised that student cell phones are not permitted on our trip. Mr. Davids will be collecting them before we depart for security purposes. Teachers will be taking A LOT of photos and will definitely be sharing with you all!
- Please check that your child is dressed for snow tubing and has appropriate spare clothes in their backpack for the day. This includes: a warm base layer, snow pants, snow boots, a heavy coat, a toque, gloves, scarf or neck warmer. You may also remind them to pack a spare change of clothes in case they get wet during tubing.
- Students are to bring their own lunches and snacks as there will not be an opportunity to purchase food from the lodge (it is in a completely different area from where we will be).
As always, please reach out if you have any questions at all. Thanks so much!