There are quite a few June updates so I thought I'd write a blog post to immortalize the information beyond your email inbox :) Please see the info below, sent Fri, June 2.
June is always an exciting month for Grade 7s - we're wrapping up a lot of learning, leading Sports Day, and celebrating the end of their elementary school careers. Read on to find out a few things I'd like to highlight in the next couple of weeks.
1) What We're Working On: The "What We're Working On" June edition is out, and includes what we're wrapping up academically, the projects being planned, and many important dates for the entire month.
2) Final Term Deadline: Our term deadlines for submitting student work are quickly approaching. If students want work counted toward their final report card grades and comments, they need to have all work handed in to Mrs. LS by Tuesday, June 20 and to Ms. Burrus by Wednesday, June 21.
Students have documented missing work on a "List of Missing Assignments" over the last weeks so please check in with them to ensure they are making steady progress at getting assignments in and check the OneNote Weekly Checklists which I'm updating twice a week. I will reach out personally if I'm missing a critical amount of assignments that would make it difficult to assess any particular subject.
3) Sports Day: At DPE, Grade 7s have traditionally led the Sports Day stations that all the other classes get to enjoy. Div 1 has been busy designing their stations and we're about to start some practices to make sure they work! Sports Day takes place on Friday, June 16th and Grade 7s will need to be at school early that day to set up for the event. Stay tuned for more specific information which will be coming soon.
4) Grade 7 Farewell - Slides: On Monday, the Grade 7s will be given a 2-slide Powerpoint template for their part in the traditional Grade 7 slideshow. The first slide contains some "Guess who?" clues with a photo of them as a baby, and then the second slide revealing their identity with a current photo. They will need to complete a chunk of this assignment at home in order to add their photos to their slides. The assignment will be on Teams and will be due on Monday, June 19th
5) Family Fun Fair Night: This exciting event is coming up on Friday, June 9th and is hosted by the DPE PAC. They are looking for more Grade 7 volunteers to support running the event. They will be assigned to help out for 15-30 minutes and can enjoy the rest of the games and activities before and after their shift. They'll be compensated with a free bag of chips for their time. You can find the volunteer links below. Any additional questions about this event can be directed to the PAC.
Victoria LS :)